OpenTowers.com is the first job board serving employers, agencies, and a neglected demographic, the international students and alumni of U.S. colleges and universities as well as other expat workers in the U.S. Despite the value they create, and can potentially create to the U.S. economy, society, and academia, international students in America are often an unappreciated resource for employers.
According to the Open Doors 2017 report released by the Institute of International Education and the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the United States currently hosts over a million international students.
- Of the 1.08 million international students in the U.S. as of 2016, some 231,000 were in engineering and technology fields, 201,000 in business and management, 62,000 in fine and applied arts, 34,000 in health professions, and so on.
- Thirty-two percent of all international students in the U.S. are from China, 17.3% from India, 5.4% from South Korea, and so on.
- Of the 186,267 Indian students in the U.S., 72% are in STEM and Computer Science fields, compared to 34% of all students from China, and 22% of all students from South Korea.
- Seventy-five percent of all international students in America paid for their education from non-U.S. funds.
In 2016, international students brought $39 billion to the U.S. economy through their spending on tuition, room and board, and living expenses.
According to NAFSA: Association of International Education, “the economic contributions of international students are in addition to the immeasurable academic and cultural value these students bring to our campuses and local communities. They support innovation and research, build bridges between Americans and other nationalities, and bring global perspectives into U.S. classrooms.”
opentowers.com is your one-stop resource for hiring international students and alumni of U.S. colleges and universities for internships, optional practical training (OPT), and full-time jobs in the U.S. and in your subsidiaries abroad.
- Job Posting: You will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to post your jobs at opentowers.com. And you can choose to receive applications by email or redirect applicants to a certain URL to complete their application process.
- Company Profile Page: You can create a company profile page – displaying your logo, selected images and videos in the company description area. You can also add a link to your website and post other information to attract more applicants. The profile page also contains all active jobs posted by your company at opentowers.com.
- Resume/Profile Search: We have created a smart keyword search system that carefully scans each candidate’s profile and each listing for the right keywords – so that you can always zero in on the best candidates for your vacancies.
- Employer Dashboard: On your company dashboard, you will have all the necessary tools to manage the jobs posted at opentowers.com… see stats by job views, view applications from job seekers, and manage profile settings in the dashboard.
Now, open an employer account to get started.