Tulane University School of Medicine
Chair, Department of Neurology
The Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Chair of the Department of Neurology. The Chair of Neurology will be expected to work closely with various Medical School and Hospital leaders to maintain clinical excellence of all Neurology services, as well as to provide a vision for growth and development in the areas of patient care and safety, education, and research. Candidates must possess outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage a complex care delivery system including faculty neurologists, and resident/fellow physicians is critical.
Applicants must demonstrate
• Current board certification in Neurology
• Credentials appropriate for the academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor at Tulane University School of Medicine
• An extensive and well-rounded clinical experience, preferable with sub-specialty clinical expertise in the form of fellowship training, and a willingness to spend at least 50% of his/her time providing clinical patient care.
• A proven commitment to resident and student education, with experience as a leader in an academic institution with an affiliated neurology residency program, and a willingness to contribute to resident education through lectures and clinical teaching.
• An ability to understand the economics of an neurological care team with various providers, and be able to manage the demands of multiple leadership partners.
• The leadership and communication skills needed to run an efficient, productive neurology service line, and the innovation to do so without compromising resident education.
• Experience with clinical and/or basic science research.
Salary and academic rank commensurate with experience and training. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.