Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.Description
Nike is looking for a Director of Materials Procurement Transformation who will play a key role in leading and driving advanced materials procurement strategies. Consumers are moving faster than ever and their demands for responsiveness are rising simultaneously. They know what they want and want to be able to find it when and where they want it. To keep pace, Nike is developing programs to get the most out of our suppliers today while also transforming the supply chain to become more digitized, responsive and efficient.
As a member of the Material Procurement leadership team you will work closely with the Global Express Lane and Responsive Manufacturing initiatives along with other Procurement sourcing team peers and the Asia Vendor Management team. You will also have significant exposure to our business partners across NIKE's Asia manufacturing base as well as world headquarters functions including Global Sourcing and Manufacturing, Demand and Supply Management and Sustainable Manufacturing and Sourcing.
As the Director of Procurement Materials Transformation, you will be responsible for connecting NIKE material suppliers to key speed and responsiveness initiatives. As new capabilities such as elevated material planning, volume allocation and localized supply are stood up across the materials supply chain the Transformation Director will ensure that strategies are in place to unlock and elevate our material supplier's capabilities. Supplier performance will need to rise at pace with the enabling programs and hit KPI's generated collaboratively with the teams. Increasing amounts of data and performance metrics will become available and the Transformation Director must leverage strong analytical and storytelling skills to pull out key insights and weave them into strategies that shape and complement key transformational initiatives and your peer's work in Sourcing and Vendor Management. The Transformation Director should be comfortable with tools such as Excel, and Tableau as well with material planning and other NIKE database resources.
Collaboration and influence across a broad network of stakeholders will be key to success. Leveraging prior manufacturing, logistics, finance and systems integration experience in a large, multi-node operating environment will be required. The ability to transform complex concepts into easy to understand action plans for Sr. management will be a significant aspect of the role.
NIKE is growing, and our supply base will need to grow with it in a smart, disciplined and financially effective way. The Transformation Director will need to have the capability to understand, analyze and assess sensible capacity and capital deployment strategies to help ensure that the NIKE material supplier base remains strong, competitive and responsive on a regional and global basis. Assessing brownfield and greenfield materials eco-system developments in multiple geographies with varied supplier landscapes will be necessary.
- Connect existing material supplier capabilities to support speed and responsiveness initiatives
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Vendor Management teams to stretch material supplier performance in support of speed and responsiveness initiatives
- Collaborate with and Influence material teams and suppliers to advance capabilities and performance to meet rising speed, responsiveness and competitive economic requirements
- Assess and influence future capacity needs, participating suppliers and capital deployment effectiveness
- Collaborate with key stakeholder groups to assess material eco-system readiness and potential in new global geographies
- Align with and influence Sourcing and Vendor Management teams on new and developing KPI measurements and expectations
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Vendor Management teams and key stakeholders to translate goals and objectives into projects and timelines with associated deliverables
- Manage reporting cadence, metrics and dashboards for the team
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Math or related field of study. MBA preferred
- 8-plus years of experience in Manufacturing, Analytics, Business, Finance, or Strategy
- Experience managing teams
- Experience with database (Oracle), ETL Systems (Alteryx), query tools (SQL), and visualization software (Tableau). Advanced Excel skills
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Must be flexible, adaptable and resourceful and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making
- Analytically strong, detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communicator with a demonstrated ability to network, influence and inspire